Monday, August 24, 2009

Challenge Tampa Bay: Try Something New

From time to time we all get stuck in a rut and live life by simply going through the motions. We get settled into our daily routines and never venture out to experience the world around us by trying new things. When this happens, we often take for granted the great area we live in because we do not know what is beyond our comfortable bubble.

Because of this, I wanted to challenge my readers to burst that bubble. Big or small, I challenge you to try something new this week. Pack yourself a picnic and go to a park for your lunch break. Soak in the sun at a beach you have never to. Try something that you haven't tried since you were a kid. Go to a bar that you have never been to. Take a scenic drive home from work. Cook a dish that you have never tried before. Introduce yourself to someone you have never talked to before.

There are so many things that you can do break the monotony of every day life and all it takes is the decision to do so. I often find that it helps me relieve stress when I try new things and it leaves me feeling like I have accomplished something. If you decide to take me up on my challenge, please leave a comment below and tell me about your new experience.

Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment